It’s Winter Season in Dunedin! If you’re looking for some great, affordable things to do in Dunedin, we have a list here for you of the places to go for memory making during your stay.
– Beach and Esplanade – Head out to the beach to enjoy the crisp clear winter days. If you’re feeling adventurous, try booking a short surf lesson and see if you can’t hang ten. Or five. Or just one.
– Train Station – Head near the city and check out New Zealand’s most photographed building. Rich with history and architecture, this spectacle will surely land a spot on your Insta feed.
– Baldwin Street – Longing for a quick, urban hike? Check out the steepest residential street in the world. The experience is breath-taking
– Botanical gardens – For a picturesque stroll on one of Dunedin’s clear days, why not go for a stroll through Dunedin’s expansive gardens. Take in the flowers, the lush green landscape, or simply sit under a tree and air out that backpack.
– Octagon – No list would be complete without including the heart of the city, the Octagon. Live, vibrant, the heart of Dunedin is full of restaurants if you’re hungry or pubs for a quick pint or three. If you’re into the late-night scene, come by after sunset to see the area transform into popular hotspot for music and dancing.